2008-08-25

Better late than never, I guess...

Very little new stuff written, but I had to go back and fix a few things that have been gnawing at my mind in order to go forward. I am splitting up what I've written so far into chapters (or really, scenes) to make it easier to edit when I'm done. This and the rewriting has enabled me to write something new to fill a gap which probably seemed a bit nonsensical otherwise.

It's been hard for me to find the time to write. No, it's been hard for me to concentrate to write. I've been too interested in screwing off. For that reason, I've uninstalled a number of games from my home computer. While shooting demons helps me unwind after work, it keeps me from concentrating.

I'm happy with what I've written so far, and I'm trying to keep focused and writing. This means less screwing off on the Internet. (Pause for laughter.) If it weren't for screwing off, I'd get nothing done, I know. I have some upcoming deadlines for my day job, but I will try to force myself to be a responsible writer and get shit done.

For what it's worth, I've only got 20173 words of actual text (this excludes backstory and mental masturbation) averaging 2058 words a 'chapter' thus far. However, I feel like I can go on now.

No comments: